Friday 22 June 2012

HUZZAH! SUCCESS!

Today has been a great day so far, and it's not even noon! I have found myself a job, and I feel great about it! I won't disclose details, but it's a new specialty food store opening soon. I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED! I won't be starting until the end of next month, so I'm going to keep looking for some  possible supplemental things, but at least it's there waiting for me. So. freaking. happy.

Just goes to show that hard work does pay off in the end. Once I start, I am going to work so hard, and stay so positive, because I really want to love this time of my life. The time when I really don't have too many commitments to hold me back, but I definitely have my share of responsibility to focus on. I have this ideal image in my mind of the kind of routine that I hope to have in the coming weeks: get up nice and early and have the whole day ahead of me; head off to work listening to some great music; spend the day at work, working hard but having fun with it at the same time, talking to customers and co-workers, possibly making some new friends; come home, tired but satisfied knowing that I've contributed a little something to other peoples' days; practice a bit, maybe listen to some new repertoire I'd like to look at; and end off having a relaxing evening, watching a movie with the boyfriend.

Of course, it can't all be blue skies all the time. I know that. But I really think that with a positive outlook on life and hard work, one can accomplish almost anything. I know and always have known that I'm here to share my love of music and singing with the world, and I'll do whatever it takes to make that a reality. This is just another stepping stone that's going to help me get across to my goal. 

Enough of this philosophical mumbo jumbo for now. How are you doing? Are any of you in a similar situation? I'd love hear from you guys! I've heard from a couple of you and it's nice to know I'm not alone in all of this. Is it sad that I'm ecstatic at the fact that I've had over 100 hits since I started this thing? Not really, I guess, considering that that's over 100 people reading what's going on in my life at the moment. It's a pretty cool feeling, I have to say.

I don't really want to force anything out, so I think that'll be enough for today. I'm looking forward to a great weekend with my family. My brother is coming in from out of town, so I'm really looking forward to seeing him! We're also having a family get together, so I'm hoping the rain will hold out until afterwards. Regardless, those parties are always fun. 

TGIF and stay positive!




Photo: free.clipartof.com

No comments:

Post a Comment